Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 10th 2010
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

The excitement of Vegas is behind us as we left on Thursday. Vegas has changed a lot in the past few years. There is a monorail that takes you up and down the strip which is so different than years ago when people got on the bus or walked with their bucket of money in one hand and a drink in the other. On our last night we drove the bus to the downtown area which I recalled as a bunch of "less than luxurious casinos and hotels" Now, the area is like a street party all under cover. Every hour they do a light show which is fun to see. Picture this - 100's of people on the street, when suddenly, over very loud speakers the song "American Pie" is played and everyone stops and looks up at the fantastic lights, with images from old rock and roll, singers, old cars etc. Everyone is singing along, some dancing. It was quite the moment, almost made me feel like a "proud American". The area is filled with live bands, great shopping, restaurants and of course, lots of casinos.

We left Vegas as "diamond club members"!!!! Anyone want a free hotel stay at Bally's, Harrah's, Imperial, Caesar's, Flamingo, Planet Hollywood.....just let us know.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb