Long ride home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 8th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got up around 7 am. Coughed a lot last night. We have coffee and juice and pack up. There isn’t a lot to pack up from outside since we never were able to sit out. It was always raining.
We called April to let her know we were on our way. We parked the RV on the side street so Lola wouldn’t see it. If she did, she would want to go with us. We say goodbye to April and Lola and we are on our way.
We didn’t have breakfast, so we stopped and picked up egg mcmuffins, hash browns, apple slices.
We decided to go home a different way, through Needles, Parker, hit the 10 and cut down to the 8 via 85. We’ll see if it is shorter. Probably is because going through the dam takes about 45 minutes.
We only stopped for gas and bathroom breaks. One gas station had a Dairy Queen. Bella got a banana shake, I got a vanilla cone. Bella also got a giant lollipop. It’s as big as a golf ball. We got swiss and muenster cheese, (Bella thought it was Monster cheese ) turkey and pastrami and snacks from the refrigerator in the RV. Bella is always so good in the car. She asks a lot ‘how much longer’, but the answer doesn’t change her pleasant mood. She asks for gum, saying she needs two pieces because her mouth is big. I give her two big pieces of bubble gum and now she is chomping away. The gum is actually too big for her mouth.

It was a good trip. The most enjoyable thing for me was to see Justen bond with his brother Jason and his granddaughters. To see Bella and Lola run up to him, sit on his lap, etc. That’s the important stuff in life. Wonderful!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb