The most spectacular sight in North America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 18th 2006
Published: February 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Small PlaneSmall PlaneSmall Plane

The tiny plane!!
Well I have started my travels at last and they are going very well. Starting in Vegas was a terrific idea, the hostel was even in the ghetto to get me used to criminal surroundings... It was surprisingly cold so didn't need the pool but the jacuzzi was much appreciated after a long day of treking about.
When visiting Vegas there are compulsary activities: gambling, partying and a trip to the Grand Canyon. I flew in a small 20 seater plane to the canyon, to start the coach tour. Turbulence when you are what seems to be a few feet from rocky peaks is terrifying to say the least, but the views of Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam and the Canyon were excellent. The coach tour was a tourist conveyor belt of enjoyment, but overpowered by the views so overall pretty good. Now this has been voted the greatest sight in the World, but those people were clearly wrong! The greatest sight in North America (at least) was yet to come...

Did the tourist joy of the bellagio fountains, the (not for children) Treasure Island prirate show and used all free vouchers. After a meal with a drink the size
Lake MeadLake MeadLake Mead

Lake Mead from the air
of a vase, there was much partying in the Vegas clubs with some crazy Aussies, luckily we only have photos from the beginning of the night so the rest stays in Vegas... There was a middle of the night Hot Dog stop and both girls missed their early morning connections!

After half a day in bed recovering I had to visit Elvis-a-rama, obviously. The 4pm show was great even if the crowd wasn't too enthusiastic and it seems it was compulsary to be kissed by the fake Elvis!

7.30pm, Las Vegas Hilton was when the real spectaular sight began. The one and only Barry Manilow!!! He was far better than any pile of rocks. He sadly didn't get anyone from the audience on stage, but next time I know to sit in the front row where he dances with the women. I don't care how much plastic surgery he's had, he was brilliant especially when dancing over the audience on some crane contraption.

And now I have left Vegas and am in Rio at the Copa, Copacabana, very much south of Havana...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hoover DamHoover Dam
Hoover Dam

The Hoover Dam from the air
Grand CanyonGrand Canyon
Grand Canyon

The Canyon
FountainsFountains
Fountains

The infamous Bellagio Fountains
Girls Night OutGirls Night Out
Girls Night Out

Girls Night out...
Barry1Barry1
Barry1

The greatest show on earth!!
Barry2Barry2
Barry2

Giving some to the screaming ladies


28th February 2006

Barry???
First of all let me just say that I am glad you are enjoying yourself and have money to continue your journey after spending time in Vegas. The way you go on about Barry is disturbing and just plain weird - I am worried! Have fun and enjoy the rest of the trip!
7th March 2006

Barry! Barry!
Hey, good photos of Barry! Did you have seats near the front or were you rushing the stage to throw yourself at him?!

Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb