Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 14th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

14/07/09 Tuesday Day 334
Our motel, the Super 8 motel, has a free shuttle bus to the airport. Today we fly to Las Vegas where we’re staying at Caesars Palace for the next 3 days. The flight from LA to Vegas is only 1 hour. The heat in Vegas was cruel. It’s only like 10am and it’s already 97 degrees American talk, that’s something like in the high 30’s. We got another shuttle bus to our hotel. Luckily we were able to check in because there was a huge line checking out. The lobby here is massive. We’re on the top floor, 14th floor of the Roman tower and to get to the lifts you have to pass by loads of slot machines! Our room is only standard enough. It’s big but there’s no mini bar. You’d expect there to be a mini bar! And there’s also a Jacuzzi bath in the room, not the bathroom.
Once we had to room looked at we went walking around the hotel. It’s so big that they give you a map of the place when you check in. Bet Midler and Cher are playing here in the Coliseum. We’re not sure if we’ll go to one of them or not. There’s some serious fancy shops here too in the Forum Shops. It’s basically a shopping centre in the style of Rome with a painted sky and clouds on the roof. There’s also massive roman fountains every so often.
We went outside then to walk down some of the strip. The heat again was unbelievable. It’s about 42 degrees today. It’s very tacky here! There’s a half size replica of the Eiffel Tower. That’s in the Paris hotel. There’s a giant glass Coke bottle. There’s a hotel called New York New York. Inside is designed like New York obviously. There’s even an Irish Bar in there. It’s got a replica of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Empire State building and even the Statue of Liberty!
That night we ate in the hotel in Nero’s restaurant. There are about 5 restaurants to choose from. All the staff in the hotel are extremely nice, then again of course they are. They want tips! After dinner we went out to see the water fountain in front of the Belagio hotel. This is a great show. The fountain sprays up water every 15 minutes after 8pm to the beat of whatever is song is playing. The show we saw was a bit cheesy since the song was I’m proud to be an American. The guy beside us even took off his cap. Naff!!

15/07/09 Wednesday Day 335
This morning we checked out the rest of the strip. Another scorching day but we seemed to be used to it from yesterdays short walk around. On one side of us is The Belagio and on the other side is The Mirage. Another massive place. Beside that then is Treasure Island. This hotel has a load of pirate ships around it. Beside that again is The Fashion Show. It’s a massive shopping centre, not quite as fancy as The Forum Shops in our hotel
Across the road is The Palaza. This has a model of Venice in the building. You can even get a gondola ride along the canal they have built in there and they serenade you too with a song. Along the canal there’s shops on both side in the style of Venice.
That night we headed for downtown Las Vegas and to the Fremont Street Experience. This pedestrian only street is amazing. The whole street is covered by a roof and every building is covered with flashy lights. Quite a bit tacky but class none the less. We got some grub in Fitzgerald’s. Not the greatest of places. Bit of a rough crowd in there and the service in one of the restaurants was very poor. I didn’t tip! We went playing Blackjack then in Fitzgerald’s.. I started with 40 dollars, went down to 10, back to 30 and left the table with 20 bucks!

16/07/09 Thursday Day 336
This is our last day in Vegas. First we took a bus to the top of the strip to have a look at Circus Circus. This hotel has a 5 acre indoor amusement park with roller coasters and the like. Crazy stuff altogether. Then we hopped over to the Wynn hotel. They have a car showroom full of Ferraris. Very nice indeed. They’re nearly all second cars for sale, only 1 or 2 year old. On the description of one of the Ferraris, it said it comes with a handy fire extinguisher. Strange I thought that they mentioned that. The rest of the evening we spent wandering around the shops. I did some more gambling in our hotel. Lets just say the house won!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.6kb