Day 33 - LV and Driving - Wednesday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 1st 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey

Today we got up around 11:30 am to check out at noon. Checked out and then went to the pool. Pool at Rio is really good -- there is the one waterfall pool that has sand and is like a beach, the other pool that is perfect temperature for me, then the third pool that is a topless pool behind privacy walls -- but this one they have topless waitresses and such that they hire so then men have to pay $30 to get in and I would have to pay $10. We didn't go to that one.

We spent a few hours at the pool and I was feeding parts of my muffin to the little finch birds. They are sooo cute, I wish I could pet them. Another couple close by said that they had them eating out of their hands the other day. Then some stupid dutch dude next to me threw them his entire hamburger bun so then it was too big for the little finches and then these stupid pigeons came....

Then we left there and changed into clothes in the car 😊 Grabbed some food and on the road to make the long drive.

We drove and drove the approx. 6 hours to Salt Lake City -- got there at approx. 10 pm. Took pictures of the church that I had wanted to see. It was obviously closed but if you go during the day it would be good to get a tour. It was so beautiful. It is one of the original Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints built in 1830. We were going to stay here and tour the church the next day but then that would make for too long of a drive on Thurs to get home. The only weird thing was there was no cross anywhere on the church. Not sure why not. Guess you would find out if you take the tour? Anyway, that was the first thing I noticed...

Then we continued the drive til approx. 5 am to get to Boise, Idaho. Then slept slept slept.... Driving is draining and there is a whole bunch of nothing out there 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb