MGM Grand is Grand


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Palazzo Hotel LobbyPalazzo Hotel LobbyPalazzo Hotel Lobby

Crystal statue in lobby of Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas.
During my last visit to Las Vegas I stayed the first three nights at the new Palazzo. The second three night of my stay were at the MGM Grand in the Grand Tower rooms. I arrived a bit early so my room was not available when I checked in. I used the invited guest line which was not very long to wait for service. I checked my luggage till my room was ready. The bell desk is close to the check in desks, so all very easy and quick. A couple hours later my room was ready. The elevator for the Grand Tower rooms is just around the corner from the front lobby or through the area where the MGM Lion progressive slots are located. I have heard from other people about how large the MGM is and the long walks to your room. But mine walk was not too far. But I can see how it would be a long walk if your located at the far ends of the towers.

My room in the Grand Tower was very nice. Nice, not luxurious like my suite at the Palazzo. The room had one king size bed and was more than enough room. The mattress on the bed was very comfortable. Something many people have commented on in Las Vegas forums. The bathroom was very nice, everything in good condition. Had an excellent view from my room of the NYNY hotel, the Mandalay Bay, Luxor and Tropicana. And the mountains in the distance with the rain clouds. Yes, it did rain a couple days on this trip.

No luck gambling at the MGM. The slots were not being kind, taking my money a bit too quickly. I do like the variety of slots at the MGM. A very large casino with different types of slots and table games in the different areas of the casino. But at night, early evening till around 11pm it was very crowded. Too crowded for me, people everywhere, hard to find a path to get though the casino.

The MGM has a good location for the south end of the strip. Easy to walk too the NYNY, Luxor, Mandalay Bay and Tropicana. Also Hooters, which as of this posting is about to be sold and redone as a more upscale hotel and casino. See if those plans actually happen. The NYNY and Luxor where both remodeling their casinos. So expect some noise and closed off areas. I did not gamble in either of them. I did gamble at the Mandalay Bay and had a little luck. But not enough to make me a winner.

The MGM was a very nice place to stay for a few nights. I enjoyed my stays at both MGM and the Palazzo. Hopefully will see them again!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb