The First Entry....finally


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 26th 2008
Published: January 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So so so sorry it's taken this long (probably not long enough for some of you), but finally we have access to a computer.

We're currently in a coastal town called Monterey which is brill, there's sea otters, sea lions and seals everywhere, just splashing round, eating and lazing. Went to a massive aquariam today, suppossed to be the best in the U.S, to be fair it was pretty amazing, they even had there own Great White!.

Started in Las Vegas which was too cool for school. The hotels are beyond believe, like mini cities. Beck's fave was the Venetian which is obviously modelled on Venice, absolutley stunning. We did a little gambling in most the major casino's but only on a backpackers budget (1 cent machines!!). Oh and we also bumped into an old friend in the Belaggio..........BILL CLINTON!!!!!!!. Managed a photo with him but Beck got pushed away by his body guards, they obviously knew she's always had a thing for him!. Took in a show at the Riveria, for those that don't know Beck is obsessed with Ice Skating so we went to see the Russian Ice Show. I have to admit, I was a little sursprised and even have to admit to quite enjoying it (bloody Gay hairdresser types!). It was then onto a little 6 seater plane for a journey over the Grand Canyon, I reckon of all the places I've been on my travels before this was probably the most breathtaking. Completely awe-inspiring.

So finally we picked up our car (A dodge, true american) and headed through Death Valley. Was pretty spectacular but most of it was spent driving in the dark as we were late leaving due to the Canyon trip being delayed. Stopped in some hick town just south of Yosemite National park, didn't realise till the morning that we were right in the middle of a beautiful snow covered mountain range! Took the road north again the next morning only to be told the road to Yosemite was shut due to snow so carried only an extra 100 mile and did a trip round the ski resort at Lake Taaho. By this point I was driving though a mountain region during a snow storm, got a little scary to be fair (even got stuck in a 4 hour traffic Jam only to drive 5 mile!!). But, finally, after 24 hours of driving in 2 days we finally made it to San Francisco. Pissed down pretty much the whole time we were there but was still a great city. Went over to Alcatraz which was fab and then finally met up with my Cousin, Sion and his girlfriend Nikki. Bit weird meeting your Aussie cousin on the east Coast of USA but we obviously went out to drink to celebrate (we haven't stopped since). We all took a bike ride through san fran and over the Golden Gate bridge which was breathtaking (if not a little chilly).

So that's it so far, sorry I went on a but managed to squeeze so much into the 1st week. Off whale watching tomorrow then carrying on from here to Carmel (where Clint Eastwood was Mayor) & driving down the 'Big Sur' which is apparantly the best bit of the ocean drive to LA.

Not too sure when the next update will be, not too sure what the internet prices will be like when we get to Samoa on Tuesday?

Ma & Pa - Speak to you Sunday or Monday, hope the boozy weekend wasn't too much?. Give Roxy my love

Bro, Ruth & Clan - I'll try and phone tomoz, hope your all keeping well & safe, we love you all

Collis & Shelly - Hope everythings ok, heard any more on Visa's amongst other things?!

Jew & Family - We went to a jewish pub in San Fran...thought of you

The Connolly's - Will send you a proper e-mail soon, missing the gang and the Lechs!

Flanner - I still love you

Everyone - We miss you all but we're having lots of fun! We'll be back for a visit before you know it!

Keep safe all, all our love

Spoona & Beck's


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb