More adventures in Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 22nd 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The StrathoshpereThe StrathoshpereThe Strathoshpere

Do I have to go up there???
We are now on our 3rd day in Vegas...after walking all the miles we walked o the first day we discovered an All Day pass for $5 on the bus...what a releif everyone was a bit sore. We decided that we would head south of our hotel to the Strathosphere where there are 3 rides up on the 109th level and this was one of the main things that Robert was looking forward to in Vegas.




The Obsesrvation Deck is on the 108th floor then you go up to the outdoor viewing area and the the ride entry level....first ride for daredevil Robert is called "insanity" you sit in a "chair" which then swings out off the side of the building ...that's right off the side... and you are tilted on an angle so that you face down to the ground just in case you have forgotten that you are hanging over the side!!!



Next ride was even crazier "X-scream" you sit in "cart" on a beam which is then shot out over the side of the building, they leave you hanging out there for a few seconds before they "drop" you a few
Got there in 45secsGot there in 45secsGot there in 45secs

Just to prove I went up for any of you disbelievers!!!
feet before pulling you back in...with a sigh of relief...but it does not finish there as you are then shot back out again but this time you are on about a 45 degree angle and are looking straight down at the ground...even our thrill seeker thought it was a bit scary....what an understatment!!!!


Not enough with those 2 then he went on the "tame" Big Shot a bit like at Dreamworld except that is on top of the building....shoots you up at a very fast speed before "bouncing" you gradually back to the bottom.


Enough for now but we were hoping to get back that night to do the rides again with the lights of the city but the wind strength closed the rides down up to 45 mph. They gave us a pass to come back the next day providing the winds dropped.


Next day after exploring the Strip using our All Day Bus pass...Robert and I headed back to The Strathosphere to experience the view by night.

Ian decided he had had enough sight seeing for one day and it was extremely cold and he was feeling the chill around his
Triple Thrills...Triple Thrills...Triple Thrills...

I don't think so
"solar panel"...had to buy him a beanie.


The view as you can see was well worth it. Robert only did the 1 ride the Big Shot did not want to hang over the side with the temperature the way it was...what a woooos!!!


Time to head back to the Casino where it is warm but first we went via Freemont Street which is actually the old part where Las Vegas sort of started that is where we drove past all the little drive thru wedding chapels and old motels.


Back at Circus Circus Robert headed for the Blackjack tables to continue his "education"


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

View of the Strip at night View of the Strip at night
View of the Strip at night

from the 108th floor
Insanity...Insanity...
Insanity...

what more do I need to say?
Moment of fear...Moment of fear...
Moment of fear...

hope those brakes are working
Robert back at the Blackjack tablesRobert back at the Blackjack tables
Robert back at the Blackjack tables

the end to a perfect day


3rd January 2008

Looks pretty amazing, only in the USA I guess.. For a girl who does not like heights, you have done very well Irene. Party on. Tibby and Bruce.
3rd January 2008

YEAH!!!!
Well done Mum...very proud of your first travelblog effort and making it to the 109th floor!!! We're looking forward to the next blog!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb