Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 19th 2007
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

There is only one word to describe Vegas - amazing. Everything about it is amazing and we had an amazing time! Where else can you go to Paris, Venice, Rome, New York and Egypt in one afternoon?! It was just as great as we remembered and we have decided to come back at least every three years - if anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome!

Our first stop was obviously the Fountains at the Bellagio and they are the most fabulous thing - we could watch them all night long (and almost did!) and not get bored. Then we went on the hunt for cheap drinks and found our first 99c margaritas. Happy days!

We spent our days wandering up and down the Strip - shopping and going into all the hotels (and using the restrooms in all the posh ones!) to see the lions at the MGM Grand, the gondolas at the Venetian, Central Park at the New York New York, the Eiffel Tower at the Paris-Las Vegas and the Sphinx at the Luxor. We decided that, as last time we were here we didn't gamble, we would take gaming lessons to learn the rules before we lost all our money. We learnt roulette which is pretty straightforward and craps which is summed in the name - don't have a clue how to play that!

We went to downtown Las Vegas, Fremont Street, which apparently is old-school Vegas. It has a quality light show - like a massive TV screen above your head showing videos and stuff. But the best thing about Fremont Street was the free stuff we got! We are now members of lots of casino clubs and in return we got a free dinner and $10 to spend on the slot machines. We ended up winning $20 after spending no money and headed back to the Strip to spend it on $1 margaritas and $1.50 vodka and cokes! Yes, that's right, vodka and coke for 75p - heaven!

On our last night, we thought we would go out with a bang and have dinner at the Bellagio. We might not be able to afford to stay there but we can afford to eat there! Their buffet is amazing and needless to say we spent ages trying everything they had to offer. Yum! We couldn't make it far after eating so much so stood outside the Bellagio watching the fountains for ages while our dinner went down. Then it was gambling time!

We had some free bets in a couple of casinos so headed to the roulette tables there - the only game we know how to play! We were really nervous and probably looked like complete amateurs but with some luck (and some help from the dealers who paid us when we didn't actually win!) we managed to win $80 between us which more than paid for our dinner. You love it!

We were sad to leave Vegas but we know we'll back - next time staying at the Bellagio and with more money to spend on roulette!








Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb