Day 10 - Walking the Strip Pt. 2 and Fremont Street


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 26th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

There was a lot of cloud cover this morning so we decided to walk the strip first thing after breakfast, but as the day wore on the cloud cleared and it got up to about 38 degrees and was very humid. We visited a few more hotels including; the Mirage where Siegfried and Roy’s tiger was on display, the MGM Grand had lions on display, we went on the high-speed roller coaster in and out of the skyscrapers in New York, New York and watched the fantastic water display at the Bellagio. We got back to the hotel in the late afternoon and I had an hour by the pool while Sam watched TV, again.

At about 7.00pm we walked to the MGM Grand and caught the monorail to the Sahara, then caught a bus to Fremont Street a few miles North of the Strip to watch the Fremont Experience. Fremont Street has a section about 200m long that is covered with a roof that is lined with light tubes and it can be turned into one big TV screen. Every half hour a light show plays on the ceiling totally transforming the street.

We watched a couple of the shows, had something to eat, and caught the bus back to the hotel. The bus was packed and seemed to take forever because we had a long wait at every red light on the Strip, which meant we got back quite late and had to pack for an early rise. Then to top it all when I got back I found I’d lost a 100-dollar bill on my travels (no it didn’t go into the slot machines! I did dabble a little and left the machines about 20 dollars up).

This is the best hotel we’ve had so far and I’m going to miss the view, and going to sleep with the curtains open watching the lights on the Strip. It’s a shame we have to leave early tomorrow because Tears for Fears are appearing on the stage in the pool area and I would have liked to watch them.

I’m not sure about tomorrow’s route yet; the fastest route is freeway all the way but is a hundred miles longer than the shorter (slower) route.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb