Viva Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 20th 2007
Published: May 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've been in Vegas for 5 days, and we're heading out in about 30 minutes to (most likely) the land of no more internet. haha! We're headed north through Nevada and Idaho to Wyoming...so you'll hear from us again as soon as we find more internet.

For now, VEGAS! We're managing to leave +$350, and not in the red! yay! Danielle doesn't like to gamble much, so that was all Paul's doing. Danielle did manage to spend some of that moolah shopping, though. We had fun going out on the strip every night, walking around, hanging out in the casinos, and even going out to one of the posh Vegas clubs called Pure in Caesar's Palace one night. We had a great time, and it was nice to finally do the city thing after all those forests, canyons, and rocks. We definitely did some "hiking" here, but this time is was in sandals and heels 😊.

On our way to Vegas at the beginning of the week we stopped at "Dinosaur Discovery" in Utah, which is actually a site they just discovered about 2 years ago of dinosaur footprints, fossils, and other crazy stuff. It's one of the most significant finds because they're never found both bones and footprints preserved at the same site. Of course, the places in Utah and Colorado where all the skeletons were found were a little more impressive, but still, this was neat. Hopefully Dinosaur National Forest will be on our way back east! Overall it was pretty neat...everything in the photos is real...no plaster moulds or anything. All the footprints were preserved by the mud and sand filling inthe footprints and making natural moulds.

Then, once we were in Vegas, we did a day trip to the Hoover Dam. Very impressive! All of that power, all of the cement, all of the workers! Definitely worth seeing! And, we learned that it would have been impossible for any workers to die and be buried in the cement, due to how little the cement rose (only a couple of inches) with each load that was dumped onto the dam. Myth Busted!

Overall, awesome stop...and we're off to the wilderness again! We're doing really well...hope that you all are too! Keep in touch, leave us messages, and let us know how you're doing! We miss you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



21st May 2007

Another side of Las Vegas
I was surprised to see this huge dam as part of Las Vegas attractions. I expect more of casinos and night attractions, including the Grand Canyon. Well, Im a Civil Engineer and Im looking forward to see this huge dam. Quite an interesting read. Rey
21st May 2007

Can you do that little lip curl that Elvis did? Let's see it!
22nd May 2007

MIss you
Hi my 2 favorite travlers in the world. Your both looking great and relaxed. All's well here in Indiana , it will be much better when I see you both in the real time mode! My Grandanimals looks like they're enjoying the whole human adventure. Oh to be young and enjoy the beautiful Land we all call America the way you 2 are. Be safe and have fun...........................................................................Love Mom

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb