Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 18th 2022
Published: August 18th 2022
Edit Blog Post

15th August, 2022

I got up early to call an audiologist to see if I could get my hearing aid fixed. I made an appointment for 11:00. We got a Lyft up there as it was a long way to walk.

The audiologist was great and said that the receiver in the aid had failed and she easily put a new one in and hey presto all fixed. I can hear again.

Sandra has wanted to visit the shop where “Pawn Stars“ is filmed. So, from the audiologist we set off on foot. Jeez it was hot. We got half way and saw a Cheesecake Factory shop so we stopped in there to get a drink and some lunch and to cool down a bit. We both had salads and no cheesecake. We set off again and found the Pawn shop and it was packed full of tourists. We went in to have a look but none of the Stars were there so Sandra was a bit disappointed. We got a couple of little souvenirs.

Next stop the laundromat. We ended up getting a Lyft as it had gotten too hot to keep walking. It was a huge place with many machines. It took about 90 minutes to wash, dry and fold all our washing. It was nice to get everything clean though.

Got a Lyft back to the hotel, sorted out our washing and then got the bus down to the Fremont St experience. We went straight to the zip line office and bought a ticket. Our time to fly was 9:20pm and we had to be there by 9pm. When we got back, there was a chain across the steps and no one knew what was going on. Eventually, someone came out to say that because of some lightning around, they were waiting to see what happened. We waited another 1/2 hour and they still couldn’t make a decision, so we decided to change the fly to tomorrow first up at 12pm.

Annoyed at the fact that we had wasted a whole night, we got back on the bus to the hotel. We just had some drinks in the room and were definitely not sober when we went to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb