Denver to Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 14th 2022
Published: August 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

10th August, 2022

We had been given a late checkout so we decided to have a bit of a sleep in. Went down to get breakfast just before they closed.

Walked to the post office coz Sandra wanted to send some more stuff home. Bluddy hell, what a schmozzle that was. The hotel receptionist had given us a map to follow which did not match Google Maps GPS. We eventually found it. The man in the post office was such a nice man who helped us get the cheapest deal and with the immigration declaration, so we decided he deserved a koala key ring and kangaroo pin. He was so grateful that he removed his shirt in the shop to attach the pin.

Walked back to the hotel to pack up and check out. Left our luggage in the storage room at the hotel and broke the handle on my suitcase as I was moving it. Headed off to walk into the city. It was almost lunchtime so we stopped at Hard Rock Cafe to have a light lunch of bruschetta flatbread which was Yum. Sandra also had a Hurricane which she said was really good. While we were people watching this dude walked by smoking a joint, with a music box on his shoulder and the biggest dreads we have seen in a long time.

After lunch, we went to find a suitcase for me, but ran into some Denver cops instead. Sandra, of course, had to ask for a photo and he said she could sit on his bike. You should have seen how quick she moved to get on. So funny.

We got a suitcase in TJ Maxx and went back to the hotel to pack it up and head out to the airport.

Flight was on time and uneventful. We could see all the lights of Las Vegas when we landed. Sandra’s head was on a swivel and I think she was a bit over awed at the amount of people around town.

We checked in and pretty much just headed straight to bed as we have an early start tomorrow for the tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb