Viva Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
November 9th 2006
Published: November 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here I am in Las Vegas now. I've never seen so many tacky souvenir shops in my whole life! I can't believe people come here to get married. Yuk!

Anyway, the Strip is pretty impressive and we saw a great light show last night. There are so many casinos here - there isn't really anything else to do except gamble, shop and eat! Some of casinos are pretty stunning - I like Bellagio, Caesar's Palace and the Venetian the best. The Venetian even has singing Gondoliers and an ice cream stall with rows of flavours. It tastes nearly as good as ice cream in Italy!

Caesars Palace was pretty cool and it has great designer shops. I managed to get some real bargain perfume. The statues in there come to life too.

We're staying in the Stratosphere right at the end of the Strip. I put a dollar in the slot machine and won 20 cents! Well, I guess it's better than a kick in the teeth! We've also been up the Stratosphere tower, which had an amazing view of Vegas. It made my knees go a bit weak though as its 108 floors up. There's no way I'm going on that rollercoaster thing they've got up there!

Anyway, two nights here has probably been enough as I don't have the money to take up poker or roulette. Next we're off to California, away from the tacky souvenirs and neon lights. And I finally get to meet Mickey Mouse!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb