Lake Tahoe September 1-4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Lake Tahoe
September 4th 2013
Published: September 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Kayla’s cousin Ron and his wife Carol have been vacationing in Tahoe for many years and in 2007 they retired and bought a home there. We were glad to leave our big RV sitting in it's snug space next to their home, and enjoy the driving tours, hikes, cycling and beach walks around the lake. Smoke from the Rim Fire near Yosemite was everywhere, moving in and out, but mostly in, so unfortunately we did not see Lake Tahoe at its best. However, we enjoyed being there and imagining what a clear blue sky would look like.

Every year on Labour Day Weekend the Nevada Casinos host a fireworks display from a barge on the lake. So at 9:30 PM on Sunday we took camp chairs down to the beach and watched a great display.

By Sept 4 we were rested, laundry done, and the four of us headed off at dawn for a week in Yosemite Park – with camping reservations in hand that were frantically made online five months ago before anyone else could reserve our chosen spots, which were together, then juggled around with many phone calls to make revisions, and Carol going online every day to look for cancellations because of the Rim Fire, in order to at last reserve two spots in two different campgrounds that would accommodate our larger rig and their trailer. Who knew things could get so complicated! Carol was amazingly persistent - we were impressed.

The story continues, though, and it seems that from this day on, circumstances conspired against us having that full week together. But that's a future blog. To be continued ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb