Vacation 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Valentine
July 7th 2010
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Vacation 2010Vacation 2010Vacation 2010

Wait...where we going? When we leaving?
Howdy all from Valentine, Ne.!

We made it here and it's wasn't too eventful yet.... We had to make a gas stop in Broken Bow, Ne and Shayla (My Adorable 8yr) got out of the jeep and proceeded to say out loud, "Mom, What's that smell"?...... Well, My reply was "That's the smell of money to the peeps around here". Gotta love the smell of farm town, Ne.! I REALLY think I need to get her out of the city more often. LOL

My poor butterfly antenna topper didn't fare so well.........it's wingless. I guess I will have to figure something out.

We found our Hotel very easily. I was never so glad that it wasn't "The Angelic Ranch" of Yellowstone/Vacation 2008! AHHH...Air Conditioning, Internet, and Indoor plumbing, what a concept!

We had a fabulous lunch at the local Subway........ 5, 5 dollar fooooot loooong!

Making plans now, so we can go tubing bright and early tomorrow morning!

Until then........... The Salinas, Sadowski, Sherffius' Vacation rolls along!

Day II -

This was the day we all were waiting for...Tubing down the Niobrara River. Our day started quite calm with a wonderful breakfast enjoyed
Vacation 2010Vacation 2010Vacation 2010

Where we going? When we leaving? I forgot to pack something, I just know I did!
by all. We were excited and looking forward to the river trip. We packed our gear and headed out. We didn't want o waste any time so we had the outfitter pick us up at the lodge to take us to the launchpoint. Sunscreen, bugspray, water, sunglasses...all check! We really didn't know HOW long a "five hour" trip would be. Seriously people! We like our family BUT...FIVE HOURS TOGETHER??? Who planned this anyway??? Ashton!

We should of taken heed of our outfitters directions to know that we probably were headed for trouble when he said..."OK, you get in the tubes, you'll float down river. Remember you'll pass three bridges, then here's your "stick" this will help you stop. If you miss your stopping point...we won't come after you. Have a great time! WTF?

We were all trying to decide who will pair up in which raft when, the river made that decision for us. Come on guys! The tubes are going down river! Jump in! Needless to say, after going just 1/2 a block...Shayla fell down. Oh well!

We all enjoyed the float...for the first couple of hours. Do you REALLY know how long five hours is???
201020102010

Oh my Poor Butterfly.
Are you kidding me! Do, too, do, do, too, do. DeeDee was texting all the way down river. Believe it or not, but as we are quietly floating down river...Maria's blackberry rings! Gotta a picture to prove it!

We laughed, we splashed water at each other, we napped. Oh yea! We had lunch too!

After hour three someone said...If only I had a knife to cut these ropes...

We were laughing, bird watching and counting the dragon flies when....out of the blue 8 rafters turned to 5! We don't really know what happend but before we knew it Shayla, Mike and Grandpa were in the river! (See pictures) Then Tim and Bernie (two more) were in. Now we only have three left in the rafts! Maria, DeeDee and Ashton. Ashton was heading in, but Maria yelled to stay put because we needed the rafts to stay balanced. If not, we were all going in!

After several minutes of musical rafts...in the water, wait out the water...in the water...We got eveyone back in. We all calmed down, then started laughing...damn Chupa Cabra! That's what happened. That's our story and were stickin to it!



201020102010

I got nothing....Totally nothing!







Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

20102010
2010

Lunch!!!!!!!!!!
20102010
2010

NO....it's my lunch!
20102010
2010

The "Elusive" Uncle Coocooeey!
Valentine Get Ready!Valentine Get Ready!
Valentine Get Ready!

We're heeeeeere...
Heading to the NiobraraHeading to the Niobrara
Heading to the Niobrara

Hat? Check! Sunscreen? Check! DeeDee? DeeDee? Where did she go?
Working on the RiverWorking on the River
Working on the River

Imagine that! I've got an email!
Ridin' the RiverRidin' the River
Ridin' the River

Is this as fast as we go???
Wait!Wait!
Wait!

Not that fast!
Berry Falls...Berry Falls...
Berry Falls...

Oooooooo, ahhhhhhhhh!
Yeah...That's MikeYeah...That's Mike
Yeah...That's Mike

That cloud looks like a burrito.
What's, What's That?What's, What's That?
What's, What's That?

It's.....it's....
Chupa Cabra!Chupa Cabra!
Chupa Cabra!

Nooooooooooooooooo!
Send Help!Send Help!
Send Help!

My name is Juan and I'm being held hostage!
Muscle Men!Muscle Men!
Muscle Men!

Now that's HOT!
Hey Bob!Hey Bob!
Hey Bob!

Got any "Baba-gnoosh"???
O Solo mi oooooooooO Solo mi ooooooooo
O Solo mi ooooooooo

Aw, screw it! Row, row, row you're boat.
What the?What the?
What the?

How did he get in this tube???


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb