354 miles of interstate (boring)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
August 20th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Deer behind Pet AreaDeer behind Pet AreaDeer behind Pet Area

I did have to laugh at the sign; I wonder what the deer have to do - when they "do."
Granted that the terrain in Montana is breathtaking although very different from what we saw in Canada and Alaska; however, driving on the interstate is boring! Since our daughter-in-law's stepfather passed away last Thursday evening (Rest in Peace, Frank), we now have a time frame in which we need to get to Dallas to pay our last respects and to hug his family. Jim was happy on the interstate. He just didn't like those elevated mountain roads with no shoulders.

On the way to Alaska, we stayed in the Billings KOA, but they didn't have any sites available for tonight, so we stayed next door at the Yellowstone River RV Park. As we drove in, a momma dear and 2 babies were just behind the pet area. No matter how many deer I see in Hot Springs Village, I am still excited to see babies with their moms. This will be the RV park of choice on any future trips in this area.

We have now driven 8,769 miles and 211.5 hours since we left Dallas on June 12th and have averaged 16 miles per gallon. We still think the Winnebago VIA is the greatest RV ever made for
Momma Deer and 2 BabiesMomma Deer and 2 BabiesMomma Deer and 2 Babies

Still had their white spots
this kind of trip. After that many miles and that many hours together, we are still speaking to one another and still want to stay married (ha, ha). (Oh, yeh - we do have an anniversary this month, 43 years together!)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb