Head East


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Whitehall
December 5th 2022
Published: December 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Got about 4 inches of new snow last night. The roads have been scraped, but are covered with packed snow and ice. The interstate is likely a two track. It was in the low teens overnight. Betty needed a jump to get started. Just got the vehicles all moved, started, running, cleaned off, a path shoveled, the steps salted, and the driveway packed down. Betty's furnace is running, heating the back.

Sally's in a ZOOM meeting right now, a preliminary conversation with the county about another subdivision process. After that, we blow out the pipes, reel in the Starlink cable and pack that into Betty, pack the rest of our stuff, and hit the road. It'll likely be slow going for a while, especially from here to Billings, but we should be out of the snowy conditions by the time we get into Wyoming. It's all downhill to Texas from there.

We're both really tired, I think. Stressed. We're leaving behind our known routines and comforts and heading out into a great many unknowns at a really strange time in history. That Florida beach calls to us, if we can find a place to camp there.

I think we'll settle down psychologically and emotionally once we get on the highway and get some miles behind us.

Keep us in your prayers.

Tim

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb