From Ketchum, Idaho to Cody, Wyoming


Advertisement
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

On making it through Oregon's vast rural East side, we made it into picturesque Idaho. Faced with the decision of interstate or rural road, it was an easy decision to head for the mountains and follow the Middle Fork river along the famous Ponderosa Pine Scenic Byway (Highway 21) from Boise to Stanley, then taking Route 73 to Ketchum before checking out Craters of the Moon National Park. From there, we travelled through the bizarre Arco before heading straight for miles through the eerie landscape of Route 26 that slices through the vast Atomic City and the enormous US National Laboratory area (all signal dampening included!) to reach Idaho Falls. From there, on to West Yellowstone in Montana and a venture to Buffalo Bill's hometown of Cody, Wyoming to pick up some cowboy boots and spurs. After that, it was a short jaunt to set us up nicely for Yellowstone National Park at the corner of Idaho, Wyoming and Montana states...


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Number Hill in Arco, IdahoNumber Hill in Arco, Idaho
Number Hill in Arco, Idaho

Butte County High School has a tradition of each class since 1920 painting its graduation year on the face of hill.
Lost in IdahoLost in Idaho
Lost in Idaho

Sat Nav can send you in some strange directions sometimes but thankfully this time, to some pretty countryside.
Someone Else's Own Private IdahoSomeone Else's Own Private Idaho
Someone Else's Own Private Idaho

... and fair play to them, what a spot to call home!
Saddlery in Cody, WyomingSaddlery in Cody, Wyoming
Saddlery in Cody, Wyoming

... bought some spurs from here!


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb