Kansas to "Sweet Home Chicago"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Kansas City
June 16th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, we made it safely to Kansas City, Missouri. I am ashamed to admit I thought we were going to Kansas City Kansas! If you look at a map of the area, you can drive around the Missouri river and be in Kansas one minute and Missouri the next. Kansas City, Kansas is actually a smaller city than Kansas City, Missouri and it is actually a suburb of Kansas City in Missouri (or Missoura, if you were born there). As one of the pit bosses was telling me, Kansas City is sistered with Seville Spain and their mall is designed after the one in Seville.

We spent two nights there and left the morning of the 17th. People we taled to convinced us to drive straight through to Chicago. Our sightseeing that day consisted of visiting Hannibal Missouri to visit the Mark Twain Museum and of course, monuments to Tom Sawyer. Hannibal is a very picturesque and historic town. Bill had to follow the Mark Twain Clopper, of course from a distance as he is not too keen on horses!

So here we are in Chicago staying in Joliet. Tomorrow we plan to visit the Windy City.

take care all.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb