Sunday Aug 30 – Return to St Louis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Florissant
August 31st 2015
Published: August 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

The story continues with our flight home from Alaska on United Airlines. The plane was packed and everyone really wanted to try to sleep, but that we pretty difficult. Unfrotunately the most generous description of service would be “apathetic”. They really seemed to be going through the motions but with no “spirit” or “interest in us”. Anyway, we did the best we could to get a little sleep and the plane arrived in Denver ahead of schedule (6:30 AM Mountain Time – 4:30 in Anchorage).







Our arrival gate was B26 and our departing flight left from B84, so this time we trudged through a large part of B terminal in Denver (versus our experience 2 weeks before). Anyway, the four of us got to the other end of the terminal and we got a quick hot sandwich for breakfast. Our connecting flight to St Louis is a small regional jet and we were almost the back of the plane (rows 10 & 11). It was a 2 hour flight to St Louis and this time the stewardess was more cheerful and helpful in trying to make us comfortable.







We arrived in St Louis right on schedule and happily we can report that the luggage (all 3 bags) were on the baggage carousel when we got there. Elizabeth came to pick us up and Christy Siebert came to pick up Jim and Kathy. So our vacation was over and we got back home safe and sound, but pretty tired. Mike Miller had stayed at our house to cook pizzas for us to have a lunch waiting, which we appreciated.







In summary, we had a great trip! It was all the more fun by having Jim & Kathy along with us, but we also made even more friends during the vacation. Cruising Alaska is a terrific “first timer” cruise but it is also an incredible vacation with amazing scenery every time you come up here. There are so many other places in the world to visit, but this is a place you could come repeatedly and really enjoy it any time.







Now we need to turn our attention to the next trip. We have a big one planned for next Spring, but we received an e-mail during this cruise which alters the itinerary. So we aren’t quite sure exactly where that trip will go, but be assured that we will have another adventure to report next year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb