4th July celebrations


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

the past few weeks have been so busy so I have been a little slack at keeping in contact with family and friends back home. Last week was the camp healthy you week where kids that have high BMIs come for the week and learn about healthy eating and lifestyle. It was a great week, the girls cabin I had were great. Each morning they spent an hour with nurse staff and nutritionists going over healthy lifestyle factors and some counselor staff were put in this education time. I unfortunately was not part of this education time and I wish that I was because I would have benefitted a lot from it. The food at camp was specially prepared and the portion sizes were limited which I enjoyed because it wasn't buffet style, although the food was still not great and not what I considered healthy. The week was cut short for Fourth of July celebrations and a group of us went to a parade in the morning and then valleyfair that afternoon. Valleyfair is an amusement park in Minneapolis. It is pretty big but not as big as the ones in Australia that i have been to. At 10pm they let off amazing fireworks and we were lucky enough to have been on one of the rides at the time. It was absolutely stunning. The ride that we were on was one that takes you really high into the sky and then suddenly drops you back down. It was beautiful because we were so high up and close to the fireworks! The next day we went walking around lake Calhoun and the isles of lakes, it is such a beautiful city! The houses are amazing and reminded me a lot of taupo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



14th July 2014
image

Hiya gorgeous girl
You look very happy - no idea what you were doing in the water though - knee boarding?!!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb