At MSP Airport: Northwest Lounge


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Northwest LougeNorthwest LougeNorthwest Louge

This is the place you normally can't get into. It's amazing what Business Class will do!

Not Too Shabby


I'm sitting here in the Northwest airlines lounge at the airport, and it's nice to know how the other half lives! Part of the deal is that you get to fly Business Class and one of the perks in the use of the airport lounge. (Note to PDI'ers: Not to worry, the client pays for the airfare -- your gasoline dollars at work.)

There are comfortable chairs and tables, free liquor, chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, but I'm a sucker for the chocolate chip cookies. There appear to be around six employees doing stocking food and drinks, cleaning up, and people at terminals waiting to answer questions. It's like another world.

In about an hour and a half, I head to Amsterdam, which is 8 hours and 19 minutes away (give or take a few minutes).

On the not so nice side, it was hard to say goodbye to Linda for 3 1/2 weeks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Cookies and Bailey'sCookies and Bailey's
Cookies and Bailey's

Two of life's little luxuries available in the lounge. What could be better?


4th February 2009

USA
Nothing says America like a chocolate chip cookie. I'm so glad you took a picture of the lounge, as I am sure never to see the inside of one! Ha ha.
4th February 2009

Chocolate chip cookies - they must have known you were coming!
... and to think that us "coach" passangers have to pay $100 for a "snack pack" consisting of peanuts and pre-packaged cheese. Unfortunately, you still will not be running into Lindsay Lohan since she only travels first class. A quote from FoxNews.com from today: "The 22-year-old caused chaos while departing on a Delta Flight from Tampa, Fla. on Saturday morning when the airline was unable to provide her with a first-class seat on the already overbooked flight. According to an insider, passengers laughed as the starlet acted incredibly entitled (and embarrassed), stomped around and warned a friend traveling with her: "you'd better come and visit me back there in case I die." But fortunately for Linds, she didn't have to suffer the life-threatening ill of business or economy class as she was eventually moved into first following her entertaining tantrum."
4th February 2009

Airport
Oh! So THAT''S how it is inside the big secret room! Thanks for sharing!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb