Minneapolis


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Believe it or not...no photos!

We took the long drive from Door County to Minneapolis on Saturday. Drove across North Central Wisconsin and noticed something interesting. Everyone (and I mean everyone) had a well manicured lawn and flowers around their homes. Even the most rundown farmhouse had a barrel or two of geraniums or a bed of peonies. Our theory is that because the season is so short and winter is so long the people want to enjoy the color as much as they can. The lawn grass in the Midwest is that thin bladed soft variety that you can walk barefoot through and never get bitten by a fire ant. Luxury!

Minneapolis is a neat city. We went to the Twins/Brewers game at the Metrodome on Sunday afternoon. It was almost like a carnival outside the stadium with games and food booths. Fun. Evan got a big serving of cheese curds which was available just about everywhere we went in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. They are like mozzarella sticks except they are cheddar cubes or pieces breaded and fried. Yum! I also had to have a bratwurst and luck had it that the game was sponsored by Johnsonville brats and they were selling outside. The game was fun to be at...the Twins won 5-0 and Easton didn't like that, but we all enjoyed being there. Didn't take the camera to that one but got some pictures on the cell phone. If I could figure out how to get them from there to here I would share.

The next day we went to the Mall of America. We visited there two years ago and got to spend some time again. It's a monument to American consumerism. Excellent! There's quite a bit to do and see there including the Nickelodeon theme park right in the center with rides and games including a roller coaster.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb