Almost Ready


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis
September 18th 2005
Published: September 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


morningmorningmorning

The first morning a beautiful fog covered the lake and everything was silent and still. Except for the obnoxious Carlton kids, but that is another story.
We quit work on September 7th and took the last 12 days to prepare for our trip. I can honestly say that it has been the busiest 12 days of my life. Everyday, from 9am until 1am we have been doing things constantly. Every day is spent running erands and getting things in order for the trip, while every night is spent with friends or family, . Its been a manic two weeks and its been wonderful to see so many of our friends. Its hard to believe that tomorrow is our last day here and that at 9am on Monday our adventure starts. I will try my best to make sure that we keep this travelblog up to date and add copius amounts of pictures to our stories. Always feel free to write us and know that we will write back as soon as we get a chance.

As a little preview of what our travelblog won't be like here are some pictures from our recent trip to the Boundary Waters with our friends Scott and Miranda. It was nice trip, excepting one menacing beaver!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

lightlight
light

A light broke through the fog and engulfed Em and Miranda. A tractor beam and a few probes later and we were on our way.
hobbithobbit
hobbit

Hauling large sacks of food and gear is best left to hobbits. When they are in short supply I try to pitch in.
watched potwatched pot
watched pot

A watched pot never boils; but nobody bothered to tell Scott and Miranda that.
sunsetsunset
sunset

There are no fish in this lake. But there is one ill-tempered beaver. Sunsets only irritate beavers.


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb