Minniapolis Minnesota


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone



We safely have arrived in America after travelling nearly 24 hours,our friends were there to pick us up,we hit the sack early,and we feel somewhat more refreshed this morning.we stayed at the Holiday inn Plus and they upgraded our room in it was a lovely spa bath which we thourougly enjoyed.

This morning Judy and Rebuen took us to Minnesota State capital building,which was very impressive,lots of murals and paintings,quite a few of the Civil war,lots of large sky lights and stained glass.it cost 4 million dollars to build 2 centuries ago .the building from 2013 to 2017 was restored costing 310 million dollars its very impressive.

We are on our way to Judy and Reuben's farm which is 5 hours away North,so we drove to a place called Duluth which was 2 hours from city,we are staying 1 night.we visited the canal park pier,where you see the Aerial Lift bridge which is Duluths most famous landmark,and watch ships ,including thousand foot freighters,as they glide through the harbour.Duluth is a major port city in Minnesota and the county seat of Saint Louis county,it has a population of 86,110 and is the 2nd largest city on Lake superiors shores.

Duluth us accessible to oceangoing vessels from the Atlantic Ocean 2,300 miles away via the Great Lakes waterway and st Lawrence seaway.

Duluth forms a metropolitan area with neighboring with superior Wisconsin,called the twin ports,which they transport coal,iron ore and grain.

That's all for today,bed is becco


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb