Hobo phase 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Livonia
March 22nd 2018
Published: March 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Susie and I became hobos on February 26th 2018. We left our home in Montana on this first leg of our travels February 27th. We headed for Livonia Michigan to visit Susie's mom, family and friends in the area where she spent a good deal of her time before going to Montana. We stopped on the way to visit a couple of high school buddies of mine in Rochester, Minnesota. We have been here in Livonia now for a couple of weeks. High point's include celebrating St. Patrick At the Gaelic League with Susie's mom Dorothy (a.k.a. the Hurricane) during the St. Patrick's parade in Corktown, a neighborhood in Detroit. We also celebrated at O'Malley's on St. Patrick's Day in Livonia. Plenty of shenanigans and no (serious) injuries or arrests! We got to celebrate seven family March birthdays during a party held at Dorothy's house here in Livonia. Lots of family friends and fun. I also had the honor of taking a side trip to Fort Benning Georgia to pin the ranger tab on my son Jeb's uniform as he graduated from Army Ranger school! We managed to get a few projects done around the house in true hobo fashion to earn our room and board. We plan to leave on this next leg of our journey on Saturday March 24th ultimately headed for Cocoa, Florida to visit with Susie's sister and brothers who live in the area. Contrary to our road trip to Michigan, we are building in a few extra days to enjoy the areas we will be traveling through. Our goal is to travel on some of the state highways and, weather permitting exploring the Appalachian Mountains on the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb