Getting Zoomed Tonight!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » East Lansing
April 11th 2008
Published: April 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kyle and Sarah and Sharye got up early and left for Milwaukee while the rest of us slept in. Then we joined later, leaving behind with the biggest towels ever found in a hotel. The kids had a show at some corporate thing for a half hour or so. It was fun to watch the show from the house and not have to work. The crowd went wild! Usually I’m in a glass cage and don’t get to feel the audience reaction quite as much, so it was great. Plus the audience was all music teachers, so they had pitch and rhythm- two things not commonly found in our houses.

More driving. Sarah came back with us and Beth finished a few hours in the truck. I tried really really hard not to ready more of my book, because I’m almost done. There were tones of toll bridges as we pulled another 4-state day. Wisconsin, Illinois (with TONS of construction traffic), Indiana, and Michigan. One of the states had “Zoom” passes and we had to laugh as there was a car with Wisconsin plates that got stuck in one of those lanes without a working pass. “You got Zoomed!” All sorts of Zooming comments from the peanut gallery. Very fun. Then we were driving along and saw a Quaker Steak and Lube! Oh my! Funny play on words, but I’m not sure I want to eat anywhere with “Lube” in the title.

We arrived at the hotel then went out of Indian food. And ice cream. And bed. 15 more shows!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.5kb