Ready or not.....here we go!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit
July 7th 2011
Published: September 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.3316, -83.0478

I think the term surreal is incredibly overused; however, it's the only word that I can think of that really applies to the way we both feel. Packing was definitely a collaborative effort and probably a great idea. In the end, I left some things out and I'm sure we forgot a few things but we remembered the important ones....passports, money, rain ponchos and each other!

A special shout-out to Jenni O'Neil for driving us to the airport and to Shari Beeker for riding shotgun to share the experience! Checking in was a breeze (and let's hope an omen of things to come). Security was quick and painless although most of you know, I never mind a good pat down!

As we sit here, at National Coney, eating our last American meal for 2 weeks, we keep looking at each other thinking.....wow! This is really it! Months of careful planning, double checking, confirming and re-confirming even the smallest detail has led us to this: a coney, onions rings and vegetarian wrap (no bonus points wll be awarded for knowing which of us ate what).

So until tomorrow.....watch out England! The Yanks are coming! Let's get it on!

Advertisement



8th July 2011

Have fun you two! Show them what the Yanks got, and I want to see a picture if Tammy with Prince Harry on a British Tabloid!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb