August '09 - Michigan (Day 2)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Brooklyn
August 16th 2009
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 (8/16/09)

NASCAR Sprint Series race at Michigan Internation Speedway.

Enjoyed the continental breakfast at our hotel. Drove about one hour into the Irish Hills area of Michigan. It was such a departure from the experience in Detroit the night before. It was a beautiful drive through the country past lakes and rolling hills. Arrived at MIS and surprisingly didn't sit in any traffic. I thought we were up for a long walk because of where we parked, but then we saw there was a shuttle running to the track. We got to track and headed down to the pit area since we had pit passes. I shot a lot of good video of the pits and we got our picture taken in Victory Lane with the trophy. After spending about an hour and a half in the pits, we headed up to the concession area for some lunch. We were amazed how good the food was at the track concession area, definitely better food and more reasonable than other tracks we have been to. It was a hot day, around 90 degrees, so we just chilled under the bleachers for about two hours. It was the perfect day for a race, even with a 0% chance of rain, it rained twice for about two minutes each time. I guess when it is that hot you can expect rain even when they aren't calling for it. The action on the track was just as hot. Our driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr, mounted a late race surge and ended up third. On the walk back, we opted to not take the shuttle since the line for it was insanely long. After the two hour ride back to the hotel, we decided we needed some dinner. We were fortunate enough to have a Red Lobster right across the street. Nothing like a seafood feast as a bedtime snack.

Day two was definitely more relaxing and enjoyable than the first.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb