If You Visit Salem MA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Salem
August 17th 2013
Published: August 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We store Pavane in winter at the Brewer yard in East Greenwich and, because of this, we get a good discount on slips and moorings at other Brewers yards. At the full price of $55, the moorings here at Hawthorne Cove are the most expensive we have encountered this season.

The Brewers yard here at Hawthorne Cove is perfectly fine and the quarter-mile walk into town is pleasant.

But Pickering Wharf marina is right in the town center. If you enjoy being on an in-town dock surrounded by restaurants and tourists, this is the place! You can sit on deck and watch the tourists dining a few feet away. And they can watch you ... :-)

If you rent a mooring from Pickering Wharf, their launch will bring you right into downtown. Your actual mooring however will still be way out in the harbor because the water close to town is too shallow for moorings. Your mooring, like ours, will probably provide a wonderful view of the power station! If you want a mooring in a pretty harbor, you need to stay “next door” in Marblehead. So far as we can tell, the only public transport between Salem and Marblehead is a taxi. There is also a water taxi and this is probably the best way of traveling between Salem and Marblehead.

Diesel is not available in Salem so you need to make a short trip to either Marblehead or Beverley.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb