First Saturday here + BBQ!


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post


Simon's Rock
Hey!

So, this morning, after breakfast, I had a yoga class - don't let anyone tell you it's easy!!

After the class, I went on a walk around a trail called 'Simon's rock' - pics attached! Thought I may see a bear, but it wasn't to be today! Did some reading in the sunshine back at my place, before driving to Pittsfield for a BBQ with friends of Julia - Joe and Nancy. The steaks were to die for! Their house is next to a lake, and we spent the evening by the lake, drinking beer and toasting marshmallows! - Thanks to them for their hospitality!

Seems Massachusetts has some weird State driving regulation - you can ignore a red traffic light if turning right, and they seem VERY liberal with respect to drink-driving! Just saying!

Anyhow, getting the train to New York City tomorrow - will be there for morning coffee and a read of the New York Times. Plan to get a train back to mine at around 5pm.

Spk soon



Jon x


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Simon's Rock Trail


Joe and Nancy's Garden!


BBQ! Joe, Nancy and Julia


Down to the lake!


Twilight at the lake...


Me and Julia toasting marshmallows!


5th May 2013

Garden
Hi Jon, What a fantastic garden! Your photo Twilight at the lake.... showed a canoe with two people in it. Were they fishing? Did you have a go? Enjoy New York! Best wishes, Dad
7th May 2013

No, we were just drinking beer on the lake-shore. I think they were just Kayaking - don't think they were fishing.. x
5th May 2013

Wonderful life!
Jon, Your life sounds wonderful! Good job you didn't meet a bear. I met a bear on two occasions in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee one summer. They could tear your arm off. Then you'd need a doctor. And you, being the doctor, would have to sew it back on ... single handedly! I love your photos and reports! Good on you! Have a great rail trip to New York and I look forward to hearing about it!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb