Boston day one


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 3rd 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The weather for our first full day in Boston was terrific but our journey around this historic city was to a certain extent frustrating.

We started with a bus tour which was on a single deck trolley. Neither the views from the vehicle nor the commentary were particularly good. We then took the harbour ferry to Charlestown which gave us a grand outlook over the city skyline. The two main attractions in this area are the USS Constitution, a two hundred year old warship and the monument to the battle of Bunker Hill that took place against the English during the American War of Independence. Both were closed!

From then things got better. We had excellent sandwiches at a local café, walked the Heritage Trail back to Downtown, visited Paul Revere’s house dating from 1680 ( Paul Revere was a leading light in the independence Movement), visited Massachusetts State House and finally walked around the Beacon Hill area with its delightful two hundred year old mainly residential buildings.

The day ended with delicious veal milenese at one of the restaurants in Boston’s Little Italy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb