Boston, MA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
August 19th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Left Hartford on a Greyhound on Tuesday morning for Boston. Met up with our host Rich (Univ chemistry graduate) who picked us up in his Barbie and Ken style open top jeep. Had a drive around Boston in the evening and then went up to see the view from the prudential tower. Wednesday was spent walking around lots and exploring the shops a little. Went to Boston common, saw the Cheers bar and generally had a lovely day, but quite chilled out. Thursday was slightly more action packed. An early start at 7am to go whale watching for 4 hours meant we were quite tired but it was well worth it. After seeing humpback, minkie and finback whales (as well as a cheeky little seal) we wandered around the older part of Boston, Beacon Hill. Finished off the day with a sailing trip on the Charles River, which was awesome although we (and I use this term loosely, actually Rich) forgot to put the centreboard down so tacking was near impossible and we had to be towed in at sunset (Rich started swearing, Becky got the giggles).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kate on the catamaran Kate on the catamaran
Kate on the catamaran

Looking cool whilst whale watching
Becky windsweptBecky windswept
Becky windswept

Over excited in anticipation of seeing whales!
John Hancock buildingJohn Hancock building
John Hancock building

Impressive camouflage. Becky in foreground provides idea of size and comedy value.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb