Boston


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

BostonBostonBoston

Acorn St
This morning we did a 2 hour tour around Boston - parts of the Freedom trail. Lovely town with some beautiful buildings with some old cobbled streets.

This afternoon visited Harvard University...it would be a wonderful place to study. The freshman (first year, undergraduates) have to live on campus (is included in the fees) and after their first year, live in dorms off campus (also provided by Harvard - they own something like 400 buildings in the area). So, four years away from home - how's that kids...lol. Students eat together in common room (wasn't allowed in that section) which is attached to a memorial hall to remember those alumini that died in the civil war - all dark wood, with lovely leadlight and memorial plaques. Beautiful campus with pretty green park-like square. Saw the library - who's benefactor stipulated that facade and building couldn't be altered so when the University grew they dug five floors underground to cater for the increased demand.

Lots of photos coming.

Tonight....final dinner with tour group. Tomorrow - head back to New York & expect will be another long day of travelling.

My problem now....is how do I get all my "stuff" into my suitcase to come back home? Might have to cull...lol.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Harvard LibraryHarvard Library
Harvard Library

Has 5 stories underground (about 75kms)


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb