Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
August 11th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first entry.
Arrived safe and sound and got re-located to the Hilton Hotel! Got a suite all to ourselves as the hotel we were booked into was booked up. Turned out to be a good move. Room and hotel are lovely, no extra charge. Weather has been very nice on the first day so we did a bus tour, boat cruise across to the islands and walked part of the freedom trail. we really like Boston. Had a brilliant fish supper. Today it rained a bit so we did some 'shopping' (Michaerl loves it!!) and walked around the different districts. Got to know the "T' system well (their underground). Found some very posh shops with lots of designer labels in Copley Square.
Had a restless afternoon yesterday - now I know why - how did the Quiz team get on? I've a good round for when we set it next - match the states with their car registration plate banners.
Can't upload photos on this system unfortunately. Will try later at next hotel. Collect car tomorrow and drive to Stowe (Von Trapp family home).
Di and Michael

Advertisement



11th August 2007

Quiz
We missed Theo and Iain and, unfortunately, Barry was unwell. So I missed you all. Thankfully Jen, Gordon and Kathryn stepped into the breach and we came fourth in an, admittedly, fairly weak field. Jen excelled in the music round and Kathryn was invaluable on literature. Gordon called for a steward's enquiry on the number of bridges over the Severn between Shrewsbury railway station and Bridgnorth Low Town (eighteen was the answer, but we only came up with fourteen - there's something for you to mull over in the long evenings in Vermont). Both Jen and Kathryn won a bottle of wine so that's the DWIC contribution taken care of for the September meeting! It was a slightly better result than bowls, where I came second (out of two). Gordon came first.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb