New England - Boston


Advertisement
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
March 28th 2022
Published: April 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Dear All Yay! Greetings from London! I am back from an amazing two-week trip around New England, USA. As mentioned in my first blog entry on this trip, the day before I left, I planned during this journey to publish the blog entries of my travels when I got back home. On longer trips I normally publish as I travel - this trip was fairly long, but still a shorter trip, in which I'd be aiming to sp... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 148, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Me, Cheers BarMe, Cheers Bar
Me, Cheers Bar

Just before the lady taking it dropped my camera!!



12th April 2022

Cheers! The joys of New England
What a fantastic blog. I really enjoyed it… maybe because I’ve been to many of the places you described and it brought back joy as I read. I was tired by the end of reading as you did so much. LOL. New England has a great vibe and is rich in history- both American and British. It looks like you left no stone unturned. It is great to hear you are navigating our limited public transportation without difficulty. America is such a car culture, sadly. MJ.
12th April 2022

Cheers!
Thanks MJ! I was fortunately able to see a lot during my time in New England - I'm glad I left the blog writing until my return as I wouldn't have had time while travelling! I was happy that there was enough public transport to take me to the places I wanted to visit - it took quite a bit of scratching under the surface to find it all, and I'm very glad that I did! Still, I think other places in the US may need a rental car to do them justice. I can do that now too, lol! And indeed, I loved the connections between England and America in this part of the world. Thanks for reading, it was a long entry!
12th April 2022
Freedom Trail Marker

Great Walks
Boston is a great walking city. Great neighborhoods.
12th April 2022
Freedom Trail Marker

Walking
Indeed, a great walking city. I very much enjoyed the Freedom Trail, and learned a lot on it.
12th April 2022
Me, Cheers Bar

Perfect.
Cheers!
12th April 2022
Me, Cheers Bar

Cheers!
?
12th April 2022
Leverett P Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge

Beautiful bridge
I’ve driven across this many times. It is a lovely piece of architecture and is beautiful at night with the lighting.
12th April 2022
Leverett P Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge

Bridge
Ah, I remember you were in Boston also, not so long ago. I probably walked in many of your footsteps there ?
12th April 2022

Beantown was good to you!
Dave here....glad you enjoyed Boston and got to hear and see some American history. I always laugh when people in the States talk about old towns. It is rare to come across anything older than say 200 years here. In Europe, that was just a few years ago in comparison!
12th April 2022

Beantown!
Ah, I've never heard it called that before, lol! Yes, history is certainly more recent in New England than in England, but I did see so many gravestones over there much older than we have here - ours generally only go back to the 19th century. There's not many older than that, and it'd be interesting to know the reason for this. Great to see you guys are also travelling again, I'm so very impressed and inspired by you both! ?
13th April 2022

Boston
It sounds like you had a great start to your trip Alex, busy, and history-filled days in Boston. I'm glad your camera wasn't broken!
14th April 2022

Boston
Thanks Lori ? Boston was an amazing start to my trip, and it was indeed such a huge relief to find my camera wasn't broken! ☺
24th July 2022
Me, Cheers Bar

That one is high on the most wanted list
The Cheers bar is high on my list of places I want to visit. I happy for you that you made it there. /Ake
25th July 2022
Me, Cheers Bar

Cheers!
Thanks Ake! I loved my beer there, but they didn't know my name, lol...!
27th September 2022

Boston
Wow you did a lot. I feel exhausted, feels as if I did all that walking with you, perhaps I am just a bit fatigue right now because I have the c word. I love travelling around when the weather is really cold and crisp; you can put on those extra layers to warm up or stop off for a hot drink. Travelling in hot weather should only be for beach visits. Some people say America doesn't have history, but you've proud it does in this blog. I also realized this after visiting museums in DC. America is definitely a place to travel, explore and learn, and I look forward to reading your other blogs and hearing of your future trips.
27th September 2022

Boston
Thanks so much for your encouraging comment Alan. I'm really sorry to hear you have the c-word, I hope you feel better soon. Indeed, I think that due to its comparatively short history, America really does do history well - they are very proud of their roots. I love feeling the pride that Americans seem to have for their country there. I also like travelling in colder weather, much better than sweating on a hot and sticky bus ride! I'm so excited to be able to plan future trips in the States, definitely one of my favourite countries. Thanks again for reading and commenting, and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb