Boston and the Freedom Trail


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 9th 2013
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.3585, -71.0596

We arrived in Boston around noon yesterday. We checked into our hotel and drove the car to the airport. We took a water taxi back to the other side of the bay to our hotel. That was fun.
I'm having trouble because I seem to have caught a cold. I can't take any medication for it as I seem to be allergic to almost all cold remedies. So I am toughing it out. I should also say that Stacy is toughing it out also.
This morning we got up and walked half of the Freedom Trail. We saw Paul Revere's house, which was built in the late 1600's. We also toured the old State House and the Capitol building. We went to the Boston massacre site and to a couple of graveyards. The oldest grave we could find was for someone who was born in 1588. He died in 1649.
Boston is a nice city. Too much traffic, though. Glad we are not driving around in it. Tomorrow we walk the rest of the Freedom Trail and Friday to Sunday we got tickets for the hop on hop off bus and tickets for a duck boat tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th October 2013

Looks like the government shutdown isn't holding you back from visiting really interesting places. Take care of that cold!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb