May the Fourth Be With You! They're Off!!


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is Judy, interim Recording Angel making entries on behalf of the Westbound Crew (remember, I'm joining this bunch once they get to the west coast...)

So it really, really sounds like the gang is launching today!

As of 10:35 this morning, the Cardinal has left, the Warrior 235 (aka "624", short for "N15624", its tail number) -- is firing up, the Cardinal has gone, and the 172 (aka "BA" or "Bravo Alpha", its final characters of its tail number) is headed for Mount Sterling, Montgomery County Kentucky -- KIOB. "A bit bumpy til we get into West Virginia," predicted Bob Hawkins when I spoke to him on his cell a few minutes before takeoff.

Wish 'em luck...and...May the Fourth Be With You!!

JB




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Pre-Flight Breakfast SaturdayPre-Flight Breakfast Saturday
Pre-Flight Breakfast Saturday

Geoff, Ruth and Dick mull Saturday weather...
The Hawk Gets His GearThe Hawk Gets His Gear
The Hawk Gets His Gear

Bob Hawkins unloads more supplies...
The Cardinal Pre-FlightThe Cardinal Pre-Flight
The Cardinal Pre-Flight

Dick Strock takes the shields out of the Cardinal and gets bags loaded...


4th May 2008

Tailwinds!
Have a great time and may you only encounter tailwinds on this trip. Dick - remember what your instructor taught you: there's nothing as useless as the air above you, the runway behind you, and fuel in the truck!
5th May 2008

Way to go!
Reading the blog, I can see ya'll are having fun! Enjoy the trip and fly safe! Arjan

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb