Pemaquid Light House


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bristol
August 17th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.9575, -69.5097

This morning we slept in til around 9am. Ate breakfast, got ready for a relaxing day. Although it had rained during the night, the sun was out and things were drying out. It started to rain around 6pm last night, just a steady steady rain.

After breakfast, we decided to venture out to Pemaquid Light House. First stop was to mail the box that Lois had packed for us. Karen also purchased some postcard stamps for the postcards that she wrote. She wrote to G'mommy, David, Emily, Grandma Vi and Aunt Sarah.

This particular light house was only 10 minute drive from our cottage. Cost was only 2.00 per person. The waves coming up on the rocks was spectacular. Glenn and Karen walked out on the rocks, and I sat on the picnic table near by. The weather was excellent.

Interesting Facts about the Light House.
The Maine US Quarter has an etching of this light houseMicrosoft has a picture of this light house on the Screen Saver

After just soaking up the beautiful scenery, Glenn and I stood in line for 30 minutes to walk up the 30 steep and winding staircase to look out. Well worth it.

We returned home and had lunch out on the picnic table. Then we all took a 1 hour nap.

Because we could return back to the light house without paying, we decided to drive back and soak up some of the beautiful scenery. This time, I decided to walk out on the rocks. The formation of the rocks was unique. It reminded me of a lava flow. I got some great photos.

When we returned, we stopped at the local grocery store and bought a few more stuff. I wanted a can of Campbell Chicken Noodle Soup. I heated up the can while Glenn tied the bicycle on the back of the RAV 4, to bring back to Boston for Thomas.

After a game of Zilch - Karen won, we decided to drive back (A THIRD TIME) to the light house and watch the sunset. As we pulled in, the FULL Moon was rising over the ocean. Got some GREAT pictures.

Now we are resting up, as we leave tomorrow morning and head back towards Boston. I've made arrangements to stop by and see Harriet Tilley Canter.

Today was totally relaxing day - especially out at the Light House.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb