Snow in LA?!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Slidell
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The weather here is calling for snow and many of us are starting to feel like this winter weather is following us around. It's pretty cold here! There's a campfire going at the work site and plenty of hot coffee.

The houses passed the nailing and strap inspection this morning so the group is getting ready to put the house wrap on and to install the windows. Things are really starting to take shape. We found out this morning that the houses are scheduled to be done by March 31st, and hopefully this week will have them well on the way to being finished in time. It's hard to believe that they could be done that soon considering you could see sky instead of ceiling two days ago.

Right now there are about 4 different colors of spray paint in short lines or dots all over the house marking where more nails were needed. Things should look a little less like a circus after the house wrap is in place. There are still a couple of people working on the first roof, and two or three have moved onto the hip roof next door. All the shingles got up on the roof yesterday via conveyor belt- a nice treat considering the weight of shingles. A small concrete pad had been poured yesterday afternoon, but a dog took a stroll through it while the cement was still wet last night and so there's a team working to replace the frame after they broke up the old pad.

In addition to working on the new houses, some of the team took a walk down the road to install hand rails for some stairs on an existing home.

There's lots going on here and so we're hoping the weather stays on our side!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



11th February 2010

Stay Warm
You guys sound like things are good in Sliddell. I just want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! God bless you all for the work you are doing! Have FUN!

Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb