Reroute


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Minden
July 4th 2015
Published: July 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick update. Today we had planned to begin the 444-mile Natchez Trace Parkway scenic drive from Natchez, MS to southwest of Nashville, TN. We're not doing that. After the drive, we'd planned on heading to the Great Smokey Mountains. We're not doing that either. There are flash flood and regular flood watches and warnings all over where we had planned to drive the next few days so we're scrapping all that and cutting across the south to the Eastern Seaboard and heading north.

We just wanted you to know before we left today so you wouldn't worry. We didn't pick up any pontoons or floatation devices for the fifth wheel so we're not going to risk it. If we had, we'd probably go for it for the adventure and stories.

Advertisement



4th July 2015

reading blogs
just caught up with your blog. Laughing, and so glad you changed your route. That will be a good trip when the weather decides to be "normal.," Don't mean to startle you but Dad actually got the part for the hot tub and fixed it we hope. Still remains to be seen if it leaks. He's cleaning it now. GROSS! Then we will fill it and see what happens. Not going to heat it much but cool water will be great to sit in! Be safe. Enjoy your blogs so much.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb