Walton, KY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Walton
October 4th 2022
Published: February 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our second Harvest Host stay was the Benton Family Farm Agricultural Learning Center south of Cincinnati. This 260 acre 4th generation farm has goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits, horses, sheep, cows and Taco, their Llama. Nearby was the Ark Encounter, a Christian young Earth creationist theme park we visited. The Ark structure was enormous inside and out! The science behind its construction and operation was impressive. That night Jen, Eric and the boys hosted us for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

BoondockingBoondocking
Boondocking

Our site at the Benton Family Farm. We were near the pasture for the donkeys.
Benton Family Farm StoreBenton Family Farm Store
Benton Family Farm Store

Honor system store with a variety of products- eggs, honey, local wine, soaps, and more.
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

Early morning at the farm. Beautiful!
Ark EncounterArk Encounter
Ark Encounter

Parking lot entrance. Ready to experience the Ark.
Noah & his wifeNoah & his wife
Noah & his wife

Couldn't resist the photo op.
The ArkThe Ark
The Ark

Just the exterior was impressive. You read about the size of the ark in the Bible, but seeing it was amazing.
StorageStorage
Storage

Clay pots used to store grain and other food. Quite a pantry!
DoorsDoors
Doors

The set of doors to enter the ark. Imagine building this structure without modern tools and equipment!
Construction. Construction.
Construction.

The beams were massive! Just observing the construction was fascinating.
Gift shopsGift shops
Gift shops

Of course there were several gift shops throughout the ark. We loved the music they played and bought the CD. We play it often.
Family!Family!
Family!

Loved getting to visit Jen, Eric, Joe, & Sam during our time in KY. They have a lovely home in neighborhood with trees and a park nearby. Love the firepit in the backyard.


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb