Paducah Kentucky


Advertisement
North America » United States » Kentucky » Paducah
September 1st 2009
Published: September 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This is my first post so hope I don't screw it up too badly. Paducah is a small town located on the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. The population is now around 25000 as many people have left for the surrounding suburbs. When I lived ibn Paducah and where I graduated from high school there were several thousand more residents. The downtown area of Paducah used to be a thriving retail area in the 1... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Floodwall PainitingFloodwall Painiting
Floodwall Painiting

Surveying of land
Carneigh LibraryCarneigh Library
Carneigh Library

This was the original library in downtown Paducah before it burned to the ground.
Island Creek BridgeIsland Creek Bridge
Island Creek Bridge

The Island Creek Bridge on Bridge Street
Paducah Car ShowPaducah Car Show
Paducah Car Show

A car in the Paducah Car Show downtown Paducah
Paducah Car ShowPaducah Car Show
Paducah Car Show

An old car in the Paducah Car Show
Old Paducah Tilghman HighOld Paducah Tilghman High
Old Paducah Tilghman High

Building no longer is a high school. Has been turned into apartments
Shops at TilghmanShops at Tilghman
Shops at Tilghman

Shops where auto mechanics, electrical, etc. was taught to high school studnets



20th October 2010

Amazing town
Paducah is such a beautiful town and it is such a blessing to live and work here with such beautiful and unique people. Even though it's been over a year since you posted this, thanks for sharing. -Doug www.kyfb.com/mccracken/broadway/doug-mcclure
27th December 2010

Paducah, KY ---Thanks
Doug---Thanks for your review and comments.
8th January 2011

Washington Jr. High
I graduated from the last class at Washington before they closed it. I was on the football team and still have my letter sweater with the big orange W, the 1952 city championship patch and year bar. I joined the Air Force, retired to South Carolina after 20 years and still live there. I am 72 years old and not getting younger. I wonder if there is a historical society that would like to have the sweater. I have a brother, Jamie Smith, that lives at 4330 Cold Springs Rd, W. Paducah. If interested, please let me know.
18th March 2012

Need help with any information from the later 40s and early 50s paducah area
Do you happen to recall a restaurant in the Paducah area named Seas Breeze? It might have been nearer Mayfield. My grandfather owned it and family cannot help me find any info or possible photos. Would be interested to know if you remember this place and if so, what you remember about it and the exact location. Thank you in advance.
18th April 2012

SeaBreeze
Yes---I do recall the place. As I recall it was a tavern. I dod not have any pictures of it. If I am not mistaken that establishment was located on the old highway between Paducah and Mayfield. I will check and see if I can a more precise location and get back with you.
21st April 2012

To Pam Hale
Seay’s Breeze was a supper club/tavern/bar located close to Viola, Kentucky, a small community between Paducah and Mayfield on the old US 45. The new US 45 was built serval years ago just west of the old US45. I was never in the establishment however I worked as a Ky State Police radio operator at the Viola Post in the last 1950s. I recall passing the establishment everyday. I do not have any photos. This is all the info I have on that establishment.
17th July 2012

paducah the town that is dying year by year
I had to leave due to no work, no money: Mark Twain said it over 100 years ago : "He hoped he was in Kentucky when the end of the world came as Kentucky was 5 years behind the rest of the world. I have sent emails to city leaders suggesting ways to lure business there. Hattisburg, Mississippi, is not much bigger than Paducah and has actually lured Ca. business's there. Too bad there is very little vision to every be more than a river town .
17th July 2012

paducah the town that is dying year by year
I had to leave due to no work, no money: Mark Twain said it over 100 years ago : "He hoped he was in Kentucky when the end of the world came as Kentucky was 5 years behind the rest of the world. I have sent emails to city leaders suggesting ways to lure business there. Hattisburg, Mississippi, is not much bigger than Paducah and has actually lured Ca. business's there. Too bad there is very little vision to every be more than a river town .
11th September 2012

Southside Paducah
Hello, I'm trying to find more information on a row of houses located along the 1100 block of S. 6th street back in the 50's. I recall the name, Smith Addition?? Thoni's Gas Station was across the street or nearby. Any information you can provide would be appreciated.
6th March 2013
Old Paducah Tilghman High

Old Paducah Tilghman High school
The building pictured is actually Augusta Tilghman High School, it was not formally named Paducah Tilghman until it was moved to the building on Washington. The building did house Jetton Jr High for several years. Also, the school shown as DT Cooper was not actually old Franklin, it was mostly demolished before the new school was built. No big thing, just thought you might want to know.

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb