Bellevue State Park, Part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa
May 26th 2013
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We awoke to a less wet day. It was still quite cloudy, but the forecast suggested periods free from rain. I had picked this park for the butterfly garden and burial mounds and views, so we drove over to the Nelson Unit to do a little hiking. I also, of course, wanted a geocache for today, and the only one around here was a multi. We realized the first part was back in town, so Emily, Cole and I went walking and sent Liam and the men to find the needed information. Cole picked dandelions in the garden while I did a little desperately needed weeding. We're a little early in the season for great flowers, and a little cool, I think, for butterflies. We hadn't heard from the men, so we took off on the Meadow Trail and then the Quarry Trail. We got near the edge of the quarry to find a series of switchbacks down to the bottom. After yesterday's adventure, Emily and I decided to head back. By the time we got back, they had returned with the info. The final was where we had been yesterday! Before heading back, though, we walked the burial mounds trail to take another look at the river. On the way back to the campground, Jeff and the boys and I went to find the geocache in the rain. We were then done for the day, as the rest of the time was spent in the camper doing the same things as yesterday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Potter's MillPotter's Mill
Potter's Mill

It's been renovated as a bed and breakfast and is for sale. If only we were retired and wanted to live in Iowa.
Looking for a CacheLooking for a Cache
Looking for a Cache

As it turned out, it was our 2500th find.


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb