Way Out West 2019


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Dyersville
August 26th 2019
Published: September 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a great breakfast at the hotel and headed toward our first stop of the day.....Antique Archaeology in Le Claire, Iowa. This is the home of the American Pickers, Mike, Frank, and Danielle. I didn't originally plan this stop but when I was looking at the GPS I learned that it was only about 2 miles from the Interstate we were traveling. It seemed logical to stop there since we all watch the show. The place was just like you see on TV, but it seemed to be much smaller in person. Since we all watch the show it was exciting to visit their shop. Le Claire sits on the banks of the Mississippi River and has some beautiful homes. Though none of the stars were there we still had a great time!

Back in the car to our next stop of the day. I always try to listen to what people say and try to work their dream places into our trip. Ed kept talking about the movie "Field of Dreams". Now I have never seen the movie but I looked it up and we were only an hour and a half from the movie site so off we went to Dyersville, Iowa. Ed had no clue!

It was exciting to visit the farm where this movie was filmed. Ed has been a baseball coach for 35 years and the Wilson family boys were all baseball players and coached by their dad. We took many pictures and even got a couple ears of corn! I have never seen the movie so I didn't know what they were talking about when the a said "If you build it =, they will come." Ed took a walk around the bases. We all sat in the bleachers and had our pictures taken. We also took a picture where Kevin Costner engraved his initals along with Annie's on the bleachers. It used to be the bottom seat but was moved to the top so it didn't get worn as much.

Back in the car for more driving to reach our next goal.....Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Along the way we stopped in Fort Dodge, Iowa for a great dinner at a sports bar called Sneakers. The meal was great! We made it to Sioux Falls and stayed in an Airbnb place. It was easy to find, in a great location, and a very nice condo.

We have a big day planned for tomorrow so early to bed! Nite all


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb