Everyone is whining


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Columbus
May 3rd 2015
Published: May 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

This is our fifth year at the Story Inn wine festival, and every year is an adventure. We always have a man down, and each year we take bets on who that person is going to be. Wonder who the 2015 winner will be?







We start the day at 8am at Mike and Monica's house for mimosa's. It's a chilly and rainy day so we hard a lot of rubber boots walking around because we know there will be a lot of mud. A few in our group make a quick run to menards, they had rubber boot envy.





















Arriving at the hotel Indigo by 10am, things get a little chaotic. Many of our rooms were not quite ready. Not the hotels fault because their normal check in time is 2, but still it added some stress. We get the boys (and a girl) all loaded up and on their way. They go first and set up all the chairs and the tent, and it gives us girls a chance to have converstion, some wine, and it's quiet!











At the festival, we are amazed and are thinking the rain is a blessing because the crowds are way down. That means quicker access to the wine! Well, most of us were fine with the rain. We had one that wasn't pleased, but she stuck it out like a trooper. I hit the wine tents running to find my perfect bottle of wine to sip on for the rest of the day. The guys tend to enjoy the wine slushies. It's interesting to see what wines everyone brings back and usually start tasting each other's.











Wally and I take the first shuttle back because we're old and need a nap. A warm dry bed is the best after a day of rain and cold. I really didn't want to wake up, but it's tradition to go out to eat and have a few cocktails, and besides, I didn't want to be the first man down! That would mean Monica would be right and we can't have that!





Anytime our group gets together we have a blast, this year was no exception. Oh, and the first man down? Well, let's just say she won't be drinking any more Apple pie any day soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Booker doing a jigBooker doing a jig
Booker doing a jig

The boys + a girl take the first shuttle


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb