Planning for our road trip to Maine!


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My husband (Doug), my stepson (Nick) and I are planning our longest road trip thus far - 12 days - taking us from our home in Bloomington, Indiana to Bangor, Maine to visit with family. It's not a great time to be driving so far with how expensive gas is, but I wanted to make this trip last summer and we weren't able to, so I'm not letting gas prices stop us this year.

Along the way, we're planning some side trips to keep things interesting and to break up the long stretches of road between here and Maine. In general, this Route Map gives an idea of where we're headed.

Tentative Itinerary:


Day 1 - (June 2, 2007) Hit the road and travel almost 600 miles to Niagara Falls.
Day 2 - Visit Niagara Falls and do all the touristy stuff we can cram into the day.
Day 3 - Load up the car and head to Waterbury, Vermont (500 miles away) with a possible stop at Howe's Cavern in Howes Cave, NY.
Day 4 - Visit the Ben & Jerry's Factory and other local establishments before driving the 300 miles to Bangor, Maine via Mount Washington in New Hampshire.
Day 5 - Visit family in Bangor and local sights.
Day 6 - Venture away from Bangor a bit? Perhaps a side-trip to Acadia National Park?
Day 7 - Say good-bye to my grandmother and drive to Mystic Seaport in Connecticut (another 300+ miles).
Day 8 - Do the touristy thing in Mystic, then head out to New Village, New Jersey (only 200 miles!).
Day 9 - Visit my parents, brother, and his fiance.
Day 10 - Finish up our visit and head to Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. (130 miles - sheesh, that will be just a drive around the block at this point in the trip.)
Day 11 - Visit Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA
Day 12 - (June 13, 2007) Drive home (600+ miles), unpack the bags and let the car have a good rest!

Advertisement



4th June 2007

Niagara Falls
We hope your having a good time. Although your vacaton just began we can't wait to see you. Have fun and drive carefully.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb