Final Full Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 11th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I woke up early and knocked out the last couple of days worth of travelogues before the sun came up. About 7:30 Abcde awoke and the 2 of us headed to breakfast. Caroline continued her imitation of sleeping beauty but would have been more convincing if she had not had one eye open and her phone lit up in her hand. We had pancakes, grabbed some milk (which she carried) and headed back to the room. Caroline got up soon after we returned (no choice, "get up mommy") and went for breakfast while Abs watched Elena of Avalor. I showered and then wife was back and she ran through the other shower. We Ubered to Navy Pier and mission number one was getting Abcde's bunny stitched back up. Its seams had split. That done, we wandered up to the wheel and decided that $15 per person was a bit steep. We had chicken tenders and deep dish chicken, mushroom, and spinach pizza for lunch. I had a revolution IPA and wife had a margarita that tasted premixed. Abs ate well and then she played in the fountain until she ran headlong into a little boy, cried and then went back to running in the fountain. About 2 pm we decided it was time to gear some music and first went for an Uber. Then when there was a sudden price increase, I convinced wife to grab a taxi. Our driver 13tx sun taxi was ok if not welcoming. The fare came to 8.75 and I kicked 11 in cash for our 1.3 mile journey. I got the stroller out and shut the trunk and he started to drive off before Caroline had even closed the door. She was displeased. (Who says i can't be diplomatic? ?)We found a nice spot in the shade downwind from one of the many skunks I smell walking around Chicago and listened to covers of James Brown by Vince Kelly and the Backstreet Blues Band. Abs was asleep, she had been since before the taxi and remained there as I caught this writing up and had un bebida por los adultos. After a long nap, she opened her eyes, kicked her feet and said "milk". So we got her something to drink, have her some sandwich and a handful of cashews. We listened to some of Rick Estrin and the Nightcaps and then headed back to the hotel. I had promised wife a nice dinner so, using that blessed employee discount, we were gonna have a meal that wasn't a buffet or out of a truck. Were were back around 5:30 and got seated by 6. Wife had her heart set on the hanger steak and I got a full rack of ribs with macaroni as the side. Abcde was going to eat off our plates but because wife's steak would have to cook until tomorrow to be well done, our server brought out a bucket of popcorn. Guess what? Abcde just ate popcorn. I surrendered with 3 ribs uneaten and half my Mac and cheese remaining. Employee discount saved us $21 and with my IPA and Caroline's ginger and bourbon we escaped with a bill less than $60 for the 2 of us. Back up to the room, Abcde had befouled her diaper and was downright pungent. We stripped her down and put her in the tub where she played with her matchbox cars and came out smelling fresh and clean. The sun set on our day as wife and Abcde watched Steve Harvey's version of shark tank. Tomorrow we catch the bus home and vacation is almost over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb