Ready to Roll


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 9th 2014
Published: December 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


It's been a big week but the day has finally arrived! The anticipation is nearly over and soon our adventure will begin.

Brisbane international airport was certainly busy at 7am - guess it's the holiday season - today was the last day we were able to book airline tickets at a reasonable price - hence our departure today!

We leave Brisbane on a Fiji airways flight stoppng at Fiji for a stopover of just over 4 hours. Next flight will be with Fiji airways direct to LAX - arriving at 11.25am Tuesday. Another stopover of 3.5 hours before arriving at Chicago o'hare airport at 9pm...that's the plan anyway!

The stopover at Fiji seemed to drag on but the flight was full of mid to retired Americans who have just got off a cruise ship touring Australia and New Zealand..we met some lovely ladies during that time so all was good.

The flight from Nadi left on time and arrived at LAX only 15 minutes late. Checking in through customs at LAX was fabulous - quick and easy now that they have the automatic kiosks up and going! It was brilliant. Weather in LA today is fine 21 degrees c.

It is now 1.45pm Tuesday and we are sitting in the AA lounge waiting for our final flight of the day..we should be in Chicago by 9.30pm this evening.

It's been a long day/night we are feeling very tired and are looking forward to a good nights sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb